Friday, May 31, 2013

Broken Binky

Here is one of the last times you will see this girl looking like this. With a new baby on the way, it is time to move on.  I worry that if Lauren doesn't stop using the binky now, its a habit that may go on for many more years, since a new baby will mean binkies around the house again.  How do you stop a 2 year old from putting her baby sister's binky in her mouth, if she is used to using one too?  So, I clipped a few of the binkies in half, and put the rest away.  I showed Lauren how the binkies were broken.  She took it pretty easy.  For the first day she would put it in her mouth and try to use it, but didn't seem to care it was broken.  After a day or two of that, she just stopped using them.  She was pretty easy going about it.  Perfect.


1 comment:

Lyle, Heather, Suzie, Becca and Caleb said...

ROSE!!!I had no idea that you were having another!! Congrats!! We are so excited for you!!!