Friday, June 8, 2012

Bits and Pieces


Austin loves to play, and plays with all sorts of everyday things in the way I remember playing with them as a kid.  I don't remember doing this with laundry baskets, but I do remember doing them with chairs.  We would even get out the hand mixer to use for our gear shift.  I haven't passed that idea down, but it is fun to watch my kids play like I did.  Austin reminds me a lot of how Dylan used to play (and still does) but on a much smaller scale.  



Here is a display of more of Austin's independence.  He came to me with his hair all combed by himself.



Dylan played baseball during the spring.  He was on the Giants.  He loved it!  The only downer was that his team was made up of a lot of younger kids, and none of them were "super leaguers" so they got squashed in every single game.  Well, I guess there were a few they only lost by a few points.  They keep the teams the same for two years, so hopefully next year the kids will have improved some.  Either way, he had a lot of fun.

Jayden played soccer, no surprise there.  His best friend Zane, (in the picture with him) is getting pretty good at playing, and they have started to help each other out and play more "real" soccer, and a little less "herd" ball (although I wouldn't say Jayden has ever played "herd" ball as much as the rest of his team).  There are a few other kids starting to get it too.  They have a good team of all boys, most of which are his best buddies.  It has been so fun for him!




Devon got older this year.  Big suprise.  I won't reveal his true age - but you can get the idea by the mass of flames on his cake.  =)   And yes, that is a Darth Vader holding a candle lightsaber...






Ethan graduated from preschool in May.  This year was so good for him!  His class was of all kids from our neighborhood with the exception of two.  So these kids are some his best friends, the kids he plays with all the time, although there are a few more friends he loves to play with that weren't in preschool with him.  He is so lucky to have so many fun kids that live within a few houses that he can play with.   He learned so much at school this year.  He does great at letter recognition and sounds, knows all his colors and shapes, and so much more.  Thank you Miss Michelle for all your hard work!  One of my favorite parts of his graduation program was seeing him sing with confidence.  Last year he didn't want to sing - I'm not sure why.  He didn't sing anywhere, not even at home.  Then last summer he suddenly started to, and then now he loves it.   Last graduation I almost wanted to cry when he was sitting in front of everyone and realized he was supposed to sing the songs he had been practicing.  This year he smiled so big, and sang all of the songs so well!






This is Ethan and Ethan with Miss Michelle.  Ethan is one of Ethan's very best buddies.  We have all gotten in the habit of calling them both by their first and last names to distinguish them.  Its pretty funny to hear them talking to each other that way.  Sadly, we don't have to do that anymore since Ethan moved to New Zealand during the summer for a few years.  How we will miss him!



The yearly dance festival at the elementary went great!  Jayden's class did "Dance Like an Egyptian" and Dylan's class did a medley from Grease.  In the pictures, Jayden is 6th from the right, and Dylan is in orange in the middle.





And here are a few fun random pictures:






2 comments:

Nancy K said...

I LOVE the catch up!!!
LOVE your family!

Karen K said...

Good job on the catch up! It's fun to see the cute everyday pictures. Love you guys!