Sunday, May 6, 2012

Happy First Birthday Lauren!

My sweet baby girl is officially one year old!  Seriously, how did time go by so fast.  I was putting her to bed the other night, looking at the pictures on her wall from when she was seven weeks old.  To me, she is still that little baby, but yet, at the same time, I know she has grown.  I am so grateful to have her as a part of our family!  

Here is her special day with a bunch of pictures:

Breakfast with the family - I picked Apple Jacks and Trix for her special birthday cereals.





The opening of presents, so exciting!  Of course she actually wasn't too into it this time.  She loved it at Christmas, but apparently that was "so last Christmas," and not the thing to do anymore.  The boys had fun helping her anyway.  She got some My Little Ponies, a small doll and bottle, and a walker that all the other kids except Dylan all got for a present as well for either Christmas or birthdays.





This is the walker, that doubles as a ride on.  I think Austin will kind of still be claiming it as his.  At least he lets her sit on it with him. =)






On the same day as her birthday, it was a party to celebrate my Grandpa Kirk's 93rd birthday, so we took Lauren's cake along, and sang to her there and let her enjoy her birthday cake with her Great Grandpa, as well.  She was so cute with her cake.  I love how her eyes are all big as my Dad put the cake in front of her with the candle.  When we let her try to dig in, she just daintily touched at the letters and piping and tried to hand them to me.  Eventually she tested the frosting, and then she dug in.  I had to laugh when she picked up the whole cake and tried to eat it that way.  Then she clapped over and over, and make the biggest mess since a lot of the cake was stuck to them!  She definitely enjoyed it!















I think she had a pretty good day, don't you?

Happy birthday sweet Lauren dear!

2 comments:

Nancy K said...

She was a rockstar with her cake! So cute!!!

Rachel said...

Oh my gosh, those pictures are AWESOME! You can see her personality pretty clearly through the different shots. Love it!