Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas 2011 (in pictures...mostly)































What a fun Christmas we all had!  I found some matching pajamas for the whole family, which I thought would be fun.  Unfortunately, they were a bit too hot for Jayden and he woke up sweating with a fever starting around 5 am.  We held off doing the presents till 7 am, but he still didn't feel great. Other than feeling kind of crappy till he took a nap after all the present opening, he felt great (I'm so sorry, Jayden!) the rest of the day.

The boys were all a little disappointed they never had a chance to talk to Santa in person, and held out hope he may stop to make a visit even on Christmas Eve.  Sadly, that didn't happen, but he sure delivered for them!  They all got at least one thing off their lists.  Dylan got a NCAA football for the Wii (notice the unsure face as he tries to decide if it is the "Wii college football game" he asked for) and Lego Hero Factory. Jayden got a flying shark and beyblades.  Ethan got a tractor and a Hot Wheels Wall track ("Just what a wanted!").  Santa took good care of Austin and Lauren, too.  I love Austin's excited expression in the picture.  And I love (there is some sarcasim here) the chocolate on Lauren's doll that must have come from a loving 2 year old brother's mouth or hands as she opened it.  And yes, she really did open it - or at least half of it.  I've never had one so little actually open presents. I think even our one-year olds have needed some help.  Unfortunately I can now say that we have had a present under the tree unwrapped before Christmas.  No, it wasn't the curious two year old, it was the 7 month old.  She learned to scoot a week before Christmas and a few days later was found with a half unwrapped present under the tree.  I was glad it was just a box of clothes, so nothing was spoiled! 

After eating some cereal and fruit mixed with the chocolate that was eaten, we played and played until it was time to get ready for church (except for Jayden, who slept).  Church was nice - a good reminder of what the day is all about.  After church there was a bit more playing and some naps for babies, then off to visit the grandparents.  We made a quick stop to the Gibsons; we had spent Christmas Eve morning together for breakfast and a Christ Centered Christmas gift exchange that was so fun and so spiritual.  I think it is a new favorite Christmas tradition for all of the Gibson family.  Then we headed to the Kirks.  We had so much fun visiting, eating, opening presents, and talking with Uncle Ben who is serving a mission in the Dominican Republic. 

Merry Christmas!

2 comments:

Karen K said...

You got some darling pictures! Devon sure must love you a lot to be willing to wear snowman pajamas :)

Rachel said...

I love, love, love all the pictures--the happy faces, and the matching jammies!