Tuesday, September 22, 2009

One more week!

I just have about one more week to go until my induction date. I can't wait! My doctor asked me yesterday if I wanted him to strip my membranes. It was very tempting. I have had horribly swollen hands and feet the last couple weeks. I mean seriously. I don't feel the tips of my fingers any more in my right hand. Sometimes the closest I can get to making a fist is a sign language "o". My ankles aren't my ankles. I haven't worn anything but flip flops for about two months now - nothing else I own can fit on my feet. I finally looked online this last weekend to see which essential oils would help with swelling and water retention in pregnancy, and it has made a huge difference. I can actually use my hands again, but I still have numb fingers and achy joints, but it is so much more survivable. I have a lot left to do to get ready for this baby, so I told the doctor not yet. There is a huge part of me that wishes I would have let him. By the end of today I am pretty sure this baby would be here if I had let him. With Ethan it was about 24 hours. I am at a 4 and 90% effaced, so I am sure it would have a similar effect this time. But in the end I think I will be happy to have the baby's room actually ready, and my house in order. You know those wonderful nesting instincts!

2 comments:

wanderer said...

Hang in there! We sure miss you and your family.

Karen K said...

I can't believe you're so close! Good luck with that last uncomfortable week.